Return To . . . . MuskogeeView.com

February 9, 2010

A $Dollar$ & Change ($1+)

Let's face it. The true $1.00 menus are quickly vanishing. Oh, there may still be a few around, but many are being replaced with gimmicks like, "Choose 3 (or 4) of the following for $5", or something similar. And the ones that are still around offer items so small that 'just one' doesn't even make a snack!

Over the next few weeks I will be searching through area menus for food items that are no more than a '$1 and change,' are good tasting, satisfying, and a great value. I will evaluate them, along with the service that comes with them, and bring the results right here to you. I am hoping to find not only the quick snack, but simple satisfying meals as well.

I am sure there will be several that are common knowledge, no surprises to anyone. There will be some that will make you do the, "*head thunk* I always forget about that!" thing. But there will also be menu items revealed that come from the most unexpected places. I already have a few in mind that I can't wait to share with you.

What is your favorite, low cost menu item? Which meal of the day would a "$1 & change" menu item best suit you, breakfast, lunch, dinner or a snack? In this price range would you prefer a Dine In or a To Go item? If you have any ideas or suggestions, place feel free to either post them here in the comments, or email them to me at: MuskogeeView@gmail.com
 Now, lets get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment