Return To . . . . MuskogeeView.com

February 17, 2010

A Filling Meal for $1.09 - China Express ($1+)

China Express   744 N. York St.   Muskogee, OK

Recently I was out and about, once again, gathering critter supplies before more snow and ice moved in. I was chilled to the bone and decided to stop in at CHINA EXPRESS for a bowl of hot soup before I headed home. As I entered, I was quickly greeted with a big smile and cheerful offer to take my order. I ordered a bowl of their Egg Drop Soup. She asked if I wanted a drink. I said just water was fine. She smiled and asked if it was "for here or to go." I said for here.

Now, at many restaurants, by this point, the order taker would usually express great annoyance because that is all you had ordered. But she held her warm welcoming, friendly tone all throughout my visit. She quickly counted back my change and said my order would be ready in a few minutes.

I sat down to wait for my order in a very comfortable dining area. Floors, tables, windows, everything appeared immaculately clean. A television at each end of the room was set for optimal viewing at an enjoyable sound level. Each television was set to a different show to give you a choice. But they weren't too loud if you chose not to watch while you ate. The atmosphere was very down home comfortable.

It was a few minutes after 8pm when I had arrived so the restaurant was somewhat busy. I had a brief wait for my order, but it wasn't unreasonably long.  Here, you do not have to go to the counter to pick up your order when your number is called. It is brought to your table. Everyone's order, including my bowl of soup, was served to us at our tables, with a smile. Regardless of how much or how little you order, you get the same, great, friendly service. During my meal she also checked back once to see if everything was alright or if I needed anything. I felt like I was being pampered.

I received a generous portion of steaming hot Egg Drop Soup, along with a large bag of fried noodles. The base of the soup was very thick and satiny smooth. It easily stayed on the large soup spoon it was served with. There was a very generous amount of Egg Drops, from the top of the soup all the way down to the bottom of the bowl. The fried noodles were fresh, light, crispy, and just the right touch to top it all off with. By the time I finished this delicious bowl of soup, I was all warmed up, completely full and stayed full for hours.

And for dessert, there was a fortune cookie, with an encouraging fortune that made me smile. And all of this for only $1.09! What a bargain!

As I left I was thanked and asked to come back. I had a wonderful dining experience at CHINA EXPRESS and I look forward to returning soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment